Fresno Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Fresno motorcycle accident lawyer
Because motorcyclists are at the mercy of other motor vehicles that completely outweigh and outsize them, a motorcycle crash has the potential to permanently change the livelihood of most victims.
It merely takes one poor decision from an inattentive or reckless driver to cause mayhem for motorcycle riders. If you were struck while riding your motorcycle, we can help. At Central Valley Accident Lawyers, our Fresno motorcycle accident attorney will zealously advocate for justice on your behalf and get you the compensation you deserve. Schedule a free consultation to speak with one of our motorcycle accident lawyers today.
The Benefits of Hiring a Fresno Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Returning to work while undergoing pain and suffering, paying costly medical bills, and covering the cost of motorcycle repairs should be the last things on your mind following a motorcycle crash.
The benefit of working with Fresno motorcycle accident lawyers is that all of those concerns will be alleviated. At Central Valley Accident Lawyers, we specialize in personal injury cases and know how to recover compensation from the insurance company. Our Fresno motorcycle accident attorneys have the experience to negotiate a fair settlement out of court and when to take motorcycle accident cases to litigation for a court award if necessary.
We handle conversations with insurance companies to ensure you are not taken advantage of by corporations who do not have your best interest in mind. In addition, motorcycle accident victims should know there is a two-year timeframe to file a claim for damages. Let our legal team handle all the legal requirements, so you can focus on recuperating.
How Much a Fresno Motorcycle Accident Claim is Worth
Almost any motorcycle accident involving injury can be compensated and has the potential to hold a high case value. However, it’s difficult to put an exact value on a personal injury claim, as all motorcycle accident cases are unique and carry their own value. Ultimately, all of the determinable damages affect the worth of a case.
After being injured, the cost of your current medical bills and all anticipated future expenses to treat your injuries largely shape the value of your personal injury claim. Additional factors that determine the worth of the claim include diminished earning capacity, lost wages, pain and suffering, damage to the motorcycle, and if the accident resulted in wrongful death.
Furthermore, if a motorcycle rider is partially liable for the accident, your compensation won’t be as significant as it would be if an at-fault driver was fully liable. This is based on comparative negligence laws regarding California motorcycle accidents. When working with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer, recovering maximum compensation is still feasible.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
According to the National Safety Council, motorcycles constitute merely 3% of traffic yet they account for 17% of all on-road deaths. Motorcycle accidents are often the result of a negligent driver. Negligence is a term commonly used in the legal system in reference to another party’s failure to provide due care for others in their vicinity. Sometimes, a motorcycle rider is partially at fault. However, most accidents are usually the result of a negligent motorist who was operating a car, Uber vehicle, Lyft vehicle, truck, or another motor vehicle.
Examples of some of the most common causes of Fresno motorcycle accidents include:
- Sudden stops – A vehicle that comes to a sudden stop can cause a motorcyclist to rear-rend it. Alternatively, motorcyclists forced to come to a sudden stop might be hit from behind and ejected from the bike.
- Car doors – Doors that swing open from parked cars can surprise motorcyclists, leaving them with insufficient time to maneuver around the door.
- Unsafe lane changes – Vehicles and motorcyclists who perform unsafe lane changes are that much more likely to contact other motor vehicles or motorcyclists.
- Driving under the influence – Inebriation due to the use of alcohol and/or drugs affects motor abilities and reaction time, making it difficult to avoid an accident.
- Left-turn accidents – Turning left is challenging as doing so crosses the path of oncoming traffic. It is especially difficult to spot comparably small motorcyclists when turning left.
- Speeding – Traveling at a high rate of speed disallows a driver to make sudden stops and avoid an accident. This type of accident has the potential to cause a significant and painful injury to a motorcyclist.
- Lane splitting – Although legal in CA, motorcyclist who drives in between vehicles and lanes to move ahead in traffic is much more likely to be involved in an accident.
How Our Fresno Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Determine Liability
Liability for a motorcycle accident might be fully attributable to one party or fall on several parties. A personal injury attorney at Central Valley Accident Lawyers will analyze your motorcycle accident case to identify the at-fault party/parties. From other drivers to fellow motorcyclists, local government, motorcycle mechanics, and even the manufacturer of the bike, there are a number of individuals and entities who might be liable for the crash.
There is the potential for comparative negligence to be proven in which it is demonstrated that the defendant is only partially liable for the accident and the serious injuries that were sustained. The percentage of fault determines the percentage of financial reward a claimant will receive in a motorcycle accident case. Above all, what matters most is that your Fresno motorcycle accident lawyer can prove one or several other parties are negligent.
Negligence is a legal term that means the at-fault driver failed to provide the proper amount of care for others. If this duty of care is breached and that breach can be proven, victims can recover compensation for pain and suffering, mental anguish, minor or severe injuries, lost income, and financial losses.
Many motorcycle accident cases settle before going to trial. However, in order to improve your chances of recovering maximum compensation, you will need professional support from a qualified team of legal experts. Our motorcycle accident attorneys are here to push for damages on your behalf.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
The entirety of the body is susceptible to catastrophic injuries from a motorcycle accident. Depending on the seriousness of the crash, the harm sustained can be minor to severe. Though most motorcycle riders protect their head with a helmet, the head is still very prone to serious injuries. Here are the most common motorcycle accident injuries:
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Severe impact or a forceful gilt to the neck area can create devastating spine injuries and result in permanent disability.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – Often taking the form of a concussion, TBIs compromise long-term, and short-term memory, prompting sensitivity to light, mood swings, and even the loss of control of bodily motor functions.
- Broken Bones/Fractures – Like car accidents, broken bones are especially common in motorcycle accidents and can occur anywhere in the body but are commonly exhibited in the arm and leg areas.
- Blunt Force Trauma – Intense impact with the road or with another vehicle can lead to significant harm including internal bleeding and pierced organs.
- Road Rash – Due to friction when making contact with the pavement, layers of skin aggressively tear away and can cause permanent scarring or disfigurement.
- Wrongful Death – Wrongful death claims can be filed for accidents with motorcycle fatalities. If a victim dies upon impact or at a later time due to sustained injuries and complications, a wrongful death claim can be filed by the victim’s estate.
What to Do After an Accident
The most important thing you can do after your motorcycle accident is to reach out to medical professionals for prompt treatment. Also, contact the police and request them to come to the accident scene where they can write a police report.
If you are able, use your smartphone to take pictures of your injuries, the accident scene, other vehicles involved in the crash, and their license plates. Obtain the contact information, insurance information, and names of those involved in the accident. If anyone witnessed the accident, record their name and contact information.
Above all, do not state you are sorry or admit fault for the accident. Even the slightest admission of fault, like a sorry, can be used against you by the negligent party and has the potential to sabotage motorcycle accident cases.
Then, contact a Fresno motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible. Attorneys will protect your rights from the insurance company, and they know how to effectively handle personal injury claims so that fair compensation can be awarded.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, contact our personal injury law firm for a free consultation. We can advise you on the next steps and provide an estimate of how much your case is worth.
Why Central Valley Accident Lawyers is the Best Option
The personal injury lawyer you select to represent you in the aftermath of motor vehicle collisions has the potential to significantly affect the outcome of your case. Choose the right Fresno motorcycle accident attorney and you will feel confident that you have done your part to obtain the financial compensation that you deserve.
Central Valley Accident Lawyers provides a free consultation. In fact, we do not collect a single penny from our clients unless we win their case through a court award or settlement. Our track record of winning cases is a testament to the merit of our legal services, and we take pride in our 99% success rate. Reach out to our law office in Fresno, CA morning, day, or night. A team member is available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Contact Our Fresno Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The Fresno motorcycle accident lawyers at Central Valley Accident Lawyers are here to help after your crash. Reach out to us as soon as possible, so we can review your accident and determine if you have the legal footing necessary to file a claim. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with a Fresno motorcycle accident lawyer.