Fresno Car Accident Attorneys
Navigating through the aftermath of a car accident in Fresno, California, can be an overwhelming experience. Car accident victims must deal with the complexities of communicating with insurance company adjusters and pursuing full and fair compensation for damages such as property damage, medical expenses, lost wages due to missed work, and other out-of-pocket expenses. Moreover, auto accident victims cannot overlook the physical pain and emotional distress from an accident.
In these challenging times, the legal help of an experienced Fresno car accident lawyer is crucial. Our law firm specializes in car accident cases, providing expert legal representation to ensure we diligently advocate for your rights while you focus on your recovery. Contact us for a free consultation today and consult an experienced trial lawyer.
How Attorneys Can Help Car Accident Victims
After filing a personal injury claim with the insurance company, the outcome of your auto accident case will rely heavily on the Fresno car accident attorney you decide to work with.
At Central Valley Accident Lawyers, our legal team will fiercely advocate on your behalf to bring you justice and maximize your compensation. Our law firm works on a contingency fee basis, which means you will only pay legal fees once we win your case. Working with a car accident lawyer will also preserve your rights and help make you whole again.
Our Fresno car accident attorneys are here to help victims of car accidents recover their losses. Contact us now to schedule a free consultation to begin building your case.
- No Upfront Fees: Our law firm operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning you only pay if we win your case.
- 99% Winning Record: Our car accident lawyers ensure our clients recover fair compensation for their injuries. We win 99% of cases.
- Focused Expertise in Traffic Accidents: Our car accident lawyers focus solely on cases involving automobile accidents to get maximum compensation for our clients.
Awards & Recognitions
Recognized as one of the best personal injury law firms in Fresno, CA, our law office excels in helping auto accident victims.
Contact our personal injury attorney today to learn how Central Valley Accident Lawyers can help.
Why Our Fresno Car Accident Lawyers Are Your Best Option
Every car accident is unique, so our attorneys will address every case with a uniquely modified approach. The Fresno car accident lawyers at Central Valley Accident Lawyers tailor our legal services that are most appropriate to each client's direct needs.
Our Fresno car accident lawyers have the qualifications and expertise to deliver results. Additionally, we make our legal services accessible by offering a contingency payment structure. Our law firm does not collect payments unless our personal injury cases end in a settlement or court award.
As an accomplished law firm, our reputation is merited by our 99% success rate. Meet with us, and our Fresno car accident attorneys will carefully review the facts regarding your auto accident and shape your legal strategy accordingly.
You can contact our legal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Schedule your free initial consultation with our car accident lawyer.
The Benefits of Hiring Fresno Car Accident Lawyers
Ask anyone who has attempted to negotiate a car accident settlement with an insurance company for a personal injury claim. The legal battle is challenging, especially without representation from a qualified car accident lawyer. You need to work with the best Fresno car accident lawyer to recover damages for your auto accident.
At Central Valley Accident Lawyers, our Fresno car accident attorneys will analyze your case's details, develop the optimal legal strategy, and represent you in court if the case goes to trial. When building your auto accident case against the insurance company, our Fresno car accident lawyer will gather all supporting evidence and begin working with expert witnesses. Our findings will identify the liable parties and prove how their negligence caused the automobile accident.
Most personal injury cases are settled before going to court. However, instead of taking the first settlement offer from the insurance company, our car accident lawyer will engage in hard-fought negotiations to maximize the value of your claim pre-litigation. Depending on the needs of injury victims, our car accident attorneys will represent you in settlement discussions with the insurance company or before a judge and jury.
What to Do After a Fresno Car Accident
If you are involved in a local car accident, it's essential to remain calm and focus on the following steps. Be proactive by taking pictures of the car accident scene, the overall car wreck, the damage to your vehicle, and your injuries.
Then, call the Highway Patrol so a formal police report can be created by a local officer. This police report will fully document the car accident and will be needed by your car accident attorneys. Also, request emergency medical personnel for assistance with injuries.
Take down the names, auto insurance information, and vehicle information from other drivers and eyewitnesses. Above all, you must connect with a Fresno car accident attorney for legal assistance. Insurance company adjusters will contact you after the accident, and sharing too much information with them can hurt your car accident claim. If that happens, you can be found at fault, which can reduce your compensation.
Common Injuries in Car Accidents
Car accidents have the potential to cause a variety of different injuries, ranging from minor injuries to severe injuries or even death. Various factors will affect the severity of injuries, like the physics of the impact, the speed at which each vehicle is traveling, if a seatbelt is used, and the functionality of airbags.
Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries – Also known as TBI, these brain injuries compromise cognitive and motor functions, ultimately reducing the victim's quality of life
- Spinal injuries – Damage to vertebrae in the spine that can lead to paralysis
- Internal organ damage – Damaged organs resulting from the force of impact
- Fractures – Broken bones resulting from the collision of vehicles, contact with the steering wheel and airbags
- Scarring – There is the potential for severe and lasting scarring resulting from the sheer force of the accident's physical impact
How Much Is a Car Accident Claim Worth
In Fresno, the value of a car accident claim is based on provable damages, recognizing that each case bears its unique set of circumstances. Fresno car accident attorneys must consider various critical factors when assessing your claim's worth. A crucial factor among these is identifying the at-fault driver whose negligent actions led to the motor vehicle accident. In addition, the extent of property damage to your vehicle and the severity of your injuries will significantly affect the value of your claim.
Beyond the immediate impact, factors like your reduced capacity to work, lost wages, existing and future medical expenses, and pain and suffering are integral to calculating the claim's worth.
Furthermore, the value of your claim will increase in tragic instances where the accident results in the loss of life. The National Safety Council reports that auto accidents claim over 3,300 American lives monthly. In such devastating circumstances, the bereaved family may pursue a wrongful death lawsuit, reflecting the profound personal and financial impacts of their loss.
Common Causes of Fresno Car Accidents
Car accidents occur due to several factors, namely reckless driving. However, there is also the potential for a party to be negligent aside from the at-fault driver. For example, if the city or county failed to maintain the condition of its roadways, ultimately causing the auto accident, the city of Fresno can be found partially or fully liable for a motor vehicle accident.
These car wrecks have led to several road traffic accidents in Fresno, CA, resulting in 45 fatal accidents (of which included 14 DUI cases) and involving 96 people.
Other common causes of local car accidents include:
- Speeding – Speeding is a top cause of Fresno car accidents. Speeding killed 11,258 people in the United States in 2020 and accounted for 29% of all traffic fatalities. When drivers speed, it increases the distance needed to slow down and stop to avoid an auto accident.
- Drunk drivers – When a driver gets behind the wheel under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it puts everyone else at risk. In Fresno, there were 1,529 DUI arrests in 2019. When drunk drivers cause car crashes, there are severe injuries and damage. In the United States, approximately 30% of all traffic collision fatalities involve drunk drivers.
- Distracted driving – Distracted driving is a leading cause of car accidents. It involves anything that takes your attention off the road. This can include eating or drinking, texting or talking on the phone, conversing with a passenger, and using a GPS or the radio. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 3,000 people die each year in car crashes involving a distracted driver.
- Failure to Yield – Roughly 40% of car accidents occur at intersections. A driver failing to yield appropriately can cause a severe car accident, especially when high traveling speeds are involved. Common locations where failure to yield can occur include stop lights, stop signs, entering a street from a parking lot or driveway, and merging on the freeway.
- Recklessness – Reckless driving or aggressive driving involves disregarding the safety of others on the road and failing to take cautionary measures to avoid motor vehicle crashes. Examples of driving recklessly include speeding, tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, swerving across multiple lanes, illegally driving on the shoulder or sidewalk, and racing. Reckless driving endangers other persons and property and can cause severe injuries.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Claims
If you have been in a car accident, you should know that California law only provides one opportunity to seek financial compensation for damages. California law limits a car accident victim's time to file a personal injury claim to two years. The statute of limitations begins on the date the car accident took place. There are exceptions to this rule depending on the circumstances.
For example, the window to take legal action after an auto accident is extended for minors until they reach 18. Another exception is if the car accident involved a government vehicle. If so, the statute to file a car accident claim is reduced to six months. There are other stipulations, but the best way to clarify these auto accident legalities is to consult an experienced car accident lawyer. Central Valley Accident Lawyers has the skills and qualifications to handle these car accident cases.
Determining Liability in Car Accidents
At Central Valley Accident Lawyers, we focus on establishing negligence as the critical cause of the car accident. Negligence means not taking proper care and, as a result, causing an accident. If we can prove negligence, we can then pursue damages for you.
In California, a personal injury lawyer must prove liability in a car accident case by demonstrating that the other party was negligent and that this negligence caused the car accident and resulting injuries.
Here's a breakdown of the steps typically involved:
- Establishing Duty of Care: Your car accident lawyer first establishes that the defendant (the negligent driver) had a legal duty to exercise reasonable care. In the context of driving, this means following traffic laws and driving in a way that doesn't endanger others.
- Breach of Duty: Your car accident lawyer must show that the defendant breached this duty. Breaching this duty could involve speeding, running a red light, driving under the influence, or other reckless or negligent driving.
- Causation: Your car accident lawyer must prove causation, directly linking the breach of duty to the accident. The lawyer must prove that the car accident wouldn't have occurred without the at-fault driver's negligence.
- Damages: Finally, your car accident attorney must demonstrate that the accident resulted in actual damages. The lawyer must present evidence of physical injuries, property damage, medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and other losses.
To support their case, personal injury lawyers in California often use:
- Police Reports
- Witness Statements
- Expert Testimony
- Medical Records
- Photographic and Video Evidence
- Defendant's Driving Records
A lawyer will combine this evidence with knowledge of California's traffic laws and legal process to build a compelling argument for your claim.
In an auto accident, one or more drivers could be responsible. In California, where comparative negligence rules apply, your car accident attorney may also need to address any claims that the injured party shared some of the fault for the accident. Comparative negligence can affect the total compensation the plaintiff can recover.
Remember, in auto accident cases, the concept of comparative negligence might come into play. Comparative negligence means the court assigns some blame to you, the accident victim. But don't worry – even if you're partly responsible for the car accident, you can still win financial compensation. These personal injury claims can get complex, but with our experienced attorneys by your side, you have a solid chance of getting the compensation you deserve.
If you're uncertain about who was at fault in your auto accident or have any other concerns, don't hesitate to contact us at Central Valley Accident Lawyers. We're here to clarify your doubts and guide you through every step of the legal process.
Fresno, California Auto Accident Statistics
California sees about 3,581 car accident fatalities each year. In 2019, there were about 254 total fatalities and injuries resulting from auto accidents in Fresno, CA. According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), deadly car accidents are rising in the Fresno area.
In 2022, from January 1st to 29th, there were 17 traffic fatalities, which was a 75% increase compared to January 2021. About one-third of deaths in 2022 are related to suspected DUIs. With so much foot traffic, it's no surprise that there are many Fresno car accidents each year.
What to Do After a Hit-and-Run Accident
When another driver hits you, fails to identify themselves, and leaves the scene of the accident, it is devastating and punishable by law. Regardless of how minor an accident may seem, the law requires persons involved in an auto accident to remain at the scene of the accident and exchange information.
- Check on yourself and your passengers – If you or your passengers have sustained serious injuries, it's essential first to seek medical attention and call 911.
- Get out of harm's way – Stay at the scene, and do not follow the fleeing driver. Pull over to a safe, well-lit road and ensure you are not harmed.
- Note important information – Recall details about the other driver and vehicle involved in the crash.
Focus on gathering details like:
- The license plate number on the vehicle
- The make, model, and color of the vehicle
- The driver's appearance
- The time and place where the car accident occurred.
- Identifiable damage or stickers on the other vehicle
- Get a police report – Wait for responding officers to arrive at the auto accident scene and ensure you obtain a police report.
- See a medical professional – Even if you believe you only sustained minor injuries, it's vital to your car accident case to seek medical care immediately. During the accident, you may have been in shock. An adrenaline rush can temporarily mask the pain from your car accident injuries. It can take hours or even days for your personal injuries to manifest. Gather medical records as evidence of your car accident injuries immediately.
- Contact a Fresno personal injury attorney – Immediately consult an auto accident lawyer. Don't deal with the insurance company alone. Getting just compensation after a hit-and-run accident can be very difficult for an accident victim. An insurance company may not be compelled to offer a full and fair settlement without evidence. Your Fresno car accident attorney can help you collect evidence for your claim, identify the perpetrator, and obtain justice.
Even if the at-fault driver is found, a judge may not hold the at-fault driver accountable for restitution. A personal injury lawyer can fight for you and obtain the compensation you need to cover your losses.
Contact Our Fresno Car Accident Attorney
The Fresno car accident attorney at the law office of Central Valley Accident Lawyers will review all the details of your auto accident to determine if you have a solid legal footing for a lawsuit. Our Fresno car accident attorney will also advocate in a court of law to help you obtain financial compensation for damages, like vehicle replacement, medical expenses for internal injuries, lost wages, diminished earning capacity, medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
Contact us today to schedule a free Fresno car accident attorney consultation.